Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Monday, April 11, 2022

Reader's Comments - Joy and Rejoicing In the Face of Adversity




A cousin on my mom's side of the family who sometimes reads my things sent me this message recently:

Hi Mary, I thought I would send you what I was thinking about...the other day. I was remembering the verses at the end of chapter 3 in the book of Habakkuk. I realized if it was in the vernacular, I would be saying "Even though we have come through two wearying years of Covid and the price of gas has almost tripled and inflation has affected every purchase I make, and though the media pours out negativity and misinformation and we hear of wars and rumors of wars and although the moral fabric of our nation seems to be in shreds, YET WILL I REJOICE IN THE LORD. I WILL JOY IN THE GOD OF MY SALVATION!"

The passage she is referring to is:

Habakkuk 3:17-18 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

In the trying times we're living in, this is something so important to remember, and so hard to actually do...


Continue Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment