Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, June 19, 2022

A Tale of Two Guardian Bands - A Story from My Dad

 


Kijabe mission station where RVA is located.
Taken from the air around the general time this story occurs.

2 Kings 6:15-17 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Hebrews 1:13-14 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? 

For Father's Day I am sharing a true story from my dad's childhood in East Africa during the Mau Mau Uprising. Both of my parents attended the Rift Valley Academy boarding school for missionary children in Kenya when they were kids, as did their living siblings. As I was growing up I remember hearing this story told by different family members separately, but usually various ones together, and it left a tremendous impression on me. As you will see as you read, if God hadn't intervened at that time, both my dad and my mom likely would have died as children and I would never have been born. 

We are not superstitious people, but we do know that sometimes God steps in and alters the course of nature or man's evil intentions through the ministry of His angels. Usually we are never the wiser to this, but once in a long while He pulls back the veil for His purposes (there is always a biblical purpose) and lets people get a small glimpse into that world of spiritual warfare that is around us all the time. As with Elisha and his servant in 2 Kings, and as with Daniel when the angel came to answer his prayer for understanding and told him that he had been delayed in the spiritual world by the prince of Persia (a spiritual entity, since a man could never stop an angel), there are times when we are given a small look into what is happening there that we are unaware of usually. 

I hope you enjoy reading this and are encouraged to know that, no matter how grim the situation may appear around you, "they that be with us are more than they that be with them." We are not always "recued" in this flesh, but God is always victorious in the end.

He Shall Give His Angels...


P.S. My dad mentions the "pseudos" without going into much detail as to what they were. They were spies who posed as Mau Mau to infilterate them and find out what they were doing - a seriously dangerous job. As he mentions there were a few white men who did this - by dying themselves black. But they had to speak the language like a born native.

No comments:

Post a Comment