Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, December 24, 2023

Never Alone - Encouragement for the Hurting


Hebrews 13:5-6 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. 

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 



I have no control over ads or suggestions.

Ephesians 2:12-13 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 


I have no control over ads or suggestions.




"I AM WITH YOU"


It is not always comfort to remember
That "God is in His Heaven",
When heavy clouds have hidden all the sunshine
And we are tempest-driven;
When all the world is desolate and lonely,
Or filled with hate and strife;
When hearts grow weary with their cares and troubles,
And grief and sin are rife.


It does not help that God is in His Heaven,
For that seems far away;
No voice comes down to us from that high silence,
No answer when we pray;
Up there, we think, the ceaseless hallelujahs
That rise around the throne
Must dull the echoes of earth’s lamentations,
And drown the sad heart’s moan.


But here is comfort - "I am with you alway
The Faithful and the True
And I will never leave thee nor forsake thee,
The long, hard journey through,"
For Jesus Christ is present help and refuge,
Not far, but very near;
Our Light, our Guide, our Shepherd, our Consoler,
A Saviour Who is here.


by Annie Johnson Flint
[altered]


Matthew 28:20 ...lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.


I have no control over ads or suggestions.



Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 





No comments:

Post a Comment