2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
I'm tired of seeing and hearing people put forth the idea that "God only gives us what we can handle." That's a lie. If we only ever got what we could handle where would the "living by faith" come in? Being given more than we can handle kind of is the whole point. It drives us to cast ourselves upon the power and strength of the Lord. Life will always be more than we can handle in some ways.
God gives us more than we can handle so that we will learn to cast our burden on Him.
Psalm 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Jesus told us that we would have tribulation and conflict in this life.
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Matthew 10:34-36 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
Our trials and weaknesses and sorrows are opportunities for God to show us how much strength and comfort He has and wants to give to us if we will let Him.
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

No comments:
Post a Comment