Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Random Meal

Tonight we ate dinner with the family.  Over the last months we have been eating together more as a family here on our joint 10 acres.  Sometimes it’s only 4 of us, but all 6 of us have been making the effort to eat together more than we used to.  I think this is a good thing.  (In case you don’t know, there are 3 couples – my parents, my husband and I on our 5 acres; and my brother and his wife on the adjoining 5 acres.  And, yes, we live in three separate houses, so we have family close, but we all have our space.)

Tonight we had:

Roast beef (grass fed) cooked in my parents’ new Sun Oven.

Tomato pipe wafers cooked by me in my sister-in-law’s newish deep fryer.  (It’s a very nice one, and this was the first time I used it.)

Mashed potatoes – with the skins in. 

Cooked carrots.

Salad with homemade dressings.

Water and decaf iced tea.

Homemade No Bake Cookies made with Special Dark cocoa powder.

And, as usual around here, lots of conversation! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment