Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hard Questions: I Gave My Life for Thee, What Hast Thou Given for Me?

 

These questions in the form of a poem seem appropriate as we head into a new year.  Let’s think about how we can live more intentionally for Jesus Christ this coming year.

I Gave My Life for Thee

I gave My life for thee,
My precious blood I shed,
That thou mightest ransomed be,
And quickened from the dead
I gave My life for thee,
What hast thou given for Me?

I spent long years for thee
In weariness and woe,
That  an eternity,
Of joy thou mightest know.
I spent long years for thee:
Hast thou spent one for Me?

My Father’s home of light,
My rainbow circled throne,
I left for earthly night,
For wanderings sad and lone;
I left, it all for thee,
Hast thou left aught for Me?

I suffered much for thee – 
More than thy tongue can tell,
Of bitterest agony –
To rescue thee from hell.
I suffered much for thee,
What canst thou bear for Me?

And I have brought to thee,
Down from My home above,
Salvation full and free,
My pardon and My love;
Great gifts I brought to thee,
What hast thou brought to Me?

Oh, let my life be given,
My years for Thee be spent;
World-fetters all be riven,
And joy with suffering blent:
To Thee my all I bring,
My Savior and my King!

- Frances Ridley Havergal

Mark 8:35  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

1 comment:

  1. That certainly gives us something to ponder...

    ReplyDelete