Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hard Questions - What Is the “Right” Response to this Tragedy?

 

Friday I was really struggling with my reaction to the Sandy Hook massacre in Connecticut.  There was so much emotional shock and fervor being poured out by many, and yet I found myself moved and dismayed, but not as shocked and grief-stricken as I apparently “should have been”.  I felt like I was hardhearted and I was getting those “What’s wrong with me?” thoughts.  I also felt frustrated and like something was wrong with the whole picture.  Some of it I could vaguely discern, but it was still muddled in my mind.

Then the Lord used a friend’s post on Facebook to help clarify things for me…

Continue Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment