Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cherry Pound Cake

 

My husband made this for my birthday a few years ago.  It is one of **the best** cakes I have ever eaten.  Not low in sugar and a lot of (chemically altered) maraschino cherries are included, but – for once in a lifetime – it is SO good! :-)

Cherry Pound Cake

This link it so Taste of Home’s web page.  My copy is from one of the Reiman magazines and is in my recipe file. :-)

It made a thick, lovely batter…

…and a beautiful, golden cake.

The imperfections were not a problem because they covered by the lovely pink frosting – which my husband applied very carefully. :-)

Such a beautiful, yummy cake!

The cake was so rich we ended up cutting the slices quite thin and we got a lot of slices from one cake.  We froze part of them and they did really well.  I think I sliced it (perhaps after refrigeration), put a slip of waxed paper between each slice to help them stay separate and froze the slices in a plastic sealing container.

4 comments:

  1. Hurrah for your Husband ! Tell him it's very pretty !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll tell him that. :-) He's a great baker. He makes better biscuits than I do. ;-)

      Delete
  2. He is so sweet! What a beautiful, yummy looking cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's made my birthday cake every year since we got married. :-) And, I get to pick what I want - within reason. :-D It is a very good cake. I wonder if we could modify it to make it with raspberry or cherry jam. Hmm...

      Delete