Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Evening Song – When I Survey the Wondrous Cross

 

Colossians 3:16  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

I’ve been thinking that on some Saturdays at least it might be nice to end the day with a psalm, hymn or spiritual song as we in the Americas prepare for the Lord’s Day.  This will fall at other times for our international readers in other zones, but I trust it will still be a blessing.  It just seems like a good way to start focusing on the Lord’s Day.  Since I am also making some effort at this time to focus on the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus, tonight’s song is “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross”.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of those hymns that I have always loved ever since I was a small child - its so beautiful and thankyou for selecting it. Hymn singing was always very important when were growing up and we always stuck with these old but beautiful hymns.

    And thankyou so much for the hymn you sent me the other day - I have written it out in my journal and used a small portion in tomorrows blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I love the old hymns too. We are blessed to attend a church that still faithfully sings them.

      Delete