Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Randomness On An Escaped Day

 

Peanuts.com

So, I’m late with this post today.  Well, it’s a long story, but also short.  The day got away from me.  I didn’t feel well part of it, and I diddled part of it, and I did other things part of it, and then I looked out the window this afternoon and saw my brother and brother-in-law arriving home from work and thought, “Wow, they’re early,” and wondered if one of them wasn’t feeling well.  Then I looked at the clock.  Oops!  Where did this day go?? :-(  Time to get dinner!

Here are just some random things then.

Mail Call

One day last week our cat got 2/3 of the mail!  Ok, there were only three pieces of mail that day, but two of them were “for” her.  One was a reminder to come get her rabies shot (something we do faithfully since we live in a rural environment and she’s an indoor-outdoor cat).  The other was a sample of cat food.  (I would like a sample of chocolate in the mail, personally.)  She liked the free cat food really well, but she will hate going to get the shot. :-)  The shot is actually the least of her worries.  She hates riding in the car.

Yours Truly

My favorite color: Pink
My favorite time of day: Sunset to dark or early morning when it’s still cool out.
My favorite place to eat: Home
My favorite pass time: Reading
My favorite cookie: Peanut butter chocolate chip
My favorite food: Chicken fried chicken, Buffalo chicken wings
My favorite pet: The cat we have now
My favorite fiction author: That’s hard. Jane Austin and Grace S. Richmond
My favorite hobby: Um…it’s kind of moody. I go through phases.
My favorite blog: Stop….Have A Chat
My favorite fabric store: Fabric.com

Random Links

A Recipe for Orange Julius (orange milk shake)

Homemade Fudge Making Tips

Watching the News

What Did I Say?

What Grownups Can Do

Chocolate Quotes

“I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process…. It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance?”  - unknown

“Carob is a brown powder made from the pulverized fruit of a Mediterranean evergreen. Some consider carob an adequate substitute for chocolate because it has some similar nutrients (calcium, phosphorus), and because it can, when combined with vegetable fat and sugar, be made to approximate the color and consistency of chocolate. Of course, the same arguments can as persuasively be made in favor of dirt.”  (Pretty much my sentiments too.)

Put “eat chocolate” at the top of your list of things to do in the morning. That way, at least you’ll get one thing done.

Nuts just take up space where chocolate ought to be.  (My brother would’ve said this if he’d thought of it.) :-)

My youngest brother.  I thought you might like to see a picture of him. ;-)
(Taken some years ago, but you’d hardly notice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment