Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Australian Memories - Black Bamboo


One of my favorite displays in the Brisbane Botanic Gardens at Mt. Coot-tha which we visited when we were Australia in 2013, was the black bamboo.  I'd see this for sale in a catalog here in the States for rather high price for a rather small plant, so I found it really interesting to see this fantastic specimen.  It makes me think of ebony.










2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I have a couple of metallic faux-bamboo picture frames that I am going to paint to be faux black bamboo. Your post is a great visual reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it is helpful to you. :-)
      Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.

      Delete