Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Friday, December 11, 2015

Upcycle An Old Dress Into A Maxi Skirt


Here is a neat tutorial from Rebekah at Verdant Bents, showing how she transformed an old wedding dress from a thrift shop into a maxi skirt.  This is a great idea and could be used for anything from everyday skirts to formal or church clothing.  You could even make a skirt for a wedding ensemble. (Yes, some ladies wear skirts for their weddings.  I am one of them.) :-)  You also could use this on a dress you own that you no longer wear but you still would like it as a skirt.

Tutorial: Turn an old dress to a maxi skirt

8 comments:

  1. Wow, the skirt looks incredible! What a wonderful idea and one that I will have to remember :) Hugs to you, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it too. Lost of scope for the imagination. :-) Hugs to you too, Stephanie.

      Delete
  2. Great idea - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful idea and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely idea and could make a very wearable skirt from a rather unwearable dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was one reason I liked it - transforming the unwearable into something really useful. :-)
      I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete