Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Monthly Challenge – January 2016




“A Pleasant Corner” by John Callcott Horsley

Well, this marks our second year of monthly challenges.  I had enough positive response here and on Facebook to convince me that we should go on, and since I’d written around 24 ideas down, it looked like we should be able to make it through another year.  Of course, I may add some new ones along the way as well. :-)

We emphasized reaching out to others in November and December, so this month we’re going to do something more personal.

-------------------------------------

Do a craft project with someone else - or alone.

And/Or

Read a book you’ve been meaning to read.

-------------------------------------

The craft project can be anything you enjoy.  I recommend doing something with at least one other person if you can, just for the fellowship and growth that comes from working together.  But, if you prefer to work alone, that’s OK too.


The book can be any type – entertainment, educational, spiritual, etc.  The point is to pick something that you really want to read.  There is a satisfaction in reading something that you have been putting off and this month may be a good one in both hemispheres – here because it’s generally colder outside, and in the south because it so hot.  :-)


[Photo: My mom years ago when we lived in Arizona.]

4 comments:

  1. I love this. I am new to your blog. How exciting. I looking forward to peeking around your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Chrissy! Thanks for commenting and I hope you enjoy it here! :-)

      Delete
  2. I found you through Stephanie's blog. What a great challenge! I would love to make valentines & I'm rereading one of Bodie Thoene's Christian historical fiction books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I hope you enjoy the challenge this month, and hopefully other months as well. :-)
      I got to work on a quilting project with my mom and sister-in-law, and I've read one book and am starting on another - both by Grace S. Richmond. :-)

      Delete