Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A Few Fun Food Poems





Why I wonder
Is a tomato round and red?
Because if it was long and green
It would be a cucumber instead

--------------------------


Divide 18 potatoes among 6 people
The exam question read
Boil them and mash them!
That's what I said.

---------------------------


Celery, raw
Develops the jaw
But celery, stewed
Is more quietly chewed

-Ogden Nash
---------------------------

(Originally published June 2010.)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely and appreciated.... Love your blog and value your wisdom. Merri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this fun post, my friend :) You brought a smile to my face. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete