Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Writing Challenge #10



Psalms 45:1  My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

November is NaNoWrMo - National Novel Writing Month. This is the challenge to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. You can read more about it at the link, but suffice to say that it has grown into a rather large yearly writing event.

Now, I do not plan to participate in that, although I have been toying with writing a novel. I don't think I'd do well trying to meet a specific deadline of 50,000 words in one month on one specific project, and also I don't want to submit my writings to a web site which may or may not keep a copy of my work for their own purposes. (Yes, I'm a suspicious person when it comes to certain areas of human nature. Not without cause, as thousands of years of human history have shown.)

But, as I was thinking about that challenge, it occurred to me that a more possible challenge for November, from my perspective, would be to strive to write every day. I know. Someone may be surprised to learn that I don't do that anyway. I do write a lot, but I tend to write in "spurts." Although I've wanted to make the effort to write at least something daily, I have not done so yet to date. I made some progress this year for sure, but definitely didn't get there and I would like to be a more "ready writer." So...

------------------------------

This month's challenge is write something at least 100 words long every day.

------------------------------

It doesn't have to be a lot or well planned, in fact it can be a very rough draft. It can be in your journal, on you blog, a letter or email to someone, a poem, a love note to your spouse or family member, or a larger project on which you want to make progress. It doesn't have to be a complete post, letter, chapter, etc. as long as it's progress toward a goal. It can be a short outline of something you want to write more completely at a later date. I am possibly being too easy on us, except that I know how hard it is to form a daily habit of writing and I want to address that myself. :-)

We also won't count the first day since I'm posting this so late. :-) It's already November 2nd in a lot of places!

Updates on other challenges and a question:

I did write a new nature themed poem for the September challenge, but I didn't get it done until early October. It was an autumn themed poem, but I am not happy with the results, so it needs more work and won't be published until later.

I don't know if anyone else is participating in any of these challenges, but I have quite enjoyed them so far and so I'm continuing on with it for now. If you are interested and/or participating I would really like to know either in the comments or in email. As we approach the end of the year I would like to know if it is worth while to continue to share these challenges, or if I should do them for my own private enjoyment only. Would you, the reader, rather see something more like the old challenges that I did before? Or would you like to see both types - the writing challenges, and something for a wider audience to do as well? Please let me know your thoughts. :-)

See the other writing challenges here.



-------
Photo in title: unknown source
Bottom graphic created at AZQuotes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment