Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Aged Hot Pepper Sauce Recipe from Sister in the Mid-west

Peppers grown by my dad in Tennessee.

 
Sister in the Mid-west at Simple Inspirations posted a recipe recently for aged or fermented hot pepper sauce. My dad loves this kind of sauce and he recently figured out how to make his own using Tabasco peppers that he grew. I don't know if he has a recipe or not as he tends to "fly by the seat of his pants" when cooking. (Yeah, that's partly where I got it.) This recipe sounds similar to what my dad probably did, so I thought it would be interesting to share it. I'll ask my dad about his recipe later, if I remember. :-)

My Aged Pepper Hot Sauce "Recipe"


Please let her know if you try her recipe. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sending guests my way! :) It is really neat to hear that both of our Dads like hot sauce. I like the sound of the Tabasco sauce your Dad made. I would like try growing some Tabasco peppers sometime, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I talked to him this evening and he thinks he found his recipe online. He also said he used some other peppers besides the Tabasco ones. He has grown a lot of different kinds over the years. :-)

      Delete