Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

What Do We Really Sing?

 

These altered titles of hymns and spiritual songs are a commentary on what some people seem to be really singing.  What about you?  Is there something here that applies – either specifically or in the spirit of the thing?  Some of them are humorous, but probably most of us should stop and think about what we do “sing” about in our daily conversations, motives and thought life.

1 Corinthians 11:31  For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

 

* Spirit of the Living God, Fall Somewhere Near Me

* My Faith Looks Around for Thee

* I'm Fairly Certain that My Redeemer Liveth

* A Comfy Sofa Is Our God

* When We All Get To Burger King

* My Sins Are Blotted Out I Hope

* We're Marching To Epcot

* Sitting In the Premises

* I Surrender Some

* There Shall Be Sprinkles of Blessings

* Fill My Spoon, Lord

* Oh, How I Like Jesus

* Heaven Came Down and Swindol Filled My Soul

* He's Quite a Bit to Me

* Soldiers of Christ Recline

* I Love to Talk About Telling the Story

* Take My Life and Let Me Be

* It is My Secret What God Can Do

* All Hail the Power of Calvin's Name

* Where He Leads Me, I Might Follow

* Haven of Romance

* Pillow of Ages, Fluffed for Me

* When Peace Like a Trickle

* Is It the Dividend Day?

* Blest Be the Tie that Doesn't Cramp My Style

* I Need Thee Once A Year

* Send the Funds

* The Road Leads to Mc Donald's

* Something for Me

* I Am Bound for the Real Estate Office

* Jesus Loves Me This I Kind of Know

* Lead On, Oh C.H. Spurgeon

* Tell Me the Stories of Hunting

* Why Worry When You Can Charge It?

* I Believe the Answer's Gone Away

* I Am Still On the Throne

* Great Is My Faithlessness

* Dare To Be A Good Ol' Boy

* I Wonder Have I Done My Best for BJU?

* I Stand Amazed In the Presence of Trinity Broadcasting Network

* True Hearted, Half Hearted

* Go Ye Into All the Pews and Read the Hymnals

* I Am Resolved A Little Longer To Linger

* Ye Might Not Be Born Again

* Turn Your Eyes Upon Television

* God Might Take Care of You

* O Could I Speak the Matchless Self

* My Work Alone, Oh Savior

* No One Understands Like Rick Warren

* Jesus Paid It Mostly

* I'd Rather Have Blue Jeans and Silver and Gold

* Nearer My Broker To Thee

* Something Between

* My Sirloin First of All

* Every Day With Barley Green Is Sweeter Than the Day Before          

* Do You Know My Boyfriend?

* Elvis Is the Sweetest Name I Know

* Oh Sacred Pride Now Wounded

* Always Take Time to Shave

* I Need Chocolate

* Ring the Bells of Quitting Time

* I've Reached the Land of Joy Online

2 comments:

  1. Hi M.E. Thanks for your my blog I appreciate you stopping by.

    Loved this post and it is funny and yet very sad because it is so true.

    Looking forward to "visiting" You more often.

    ~M~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I'm glad you got the comment as I received an email telling me that it hadn't been sent. :-)

      I hope you find some things here that will encourage and edify you. Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.

      Delete