Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Thousand Word Project – Vintage Winter Vignettes, Part 1

 

My great-grandparents’ home in Kalamazoo, Michigan.  A day in winter.

Probably Kalamazoo Ave., Kalamazoo, Michigan.

My great-grandparents’ house on a winter night.

My grandfather and his two oldest children enjoying a snow storm, probably at Gull Lake, Michigan.  (My mom is the one in the foreground.)

All photos were taken before 1950.

3 comments:

  1. I love the photo of the road - beautiful in B&W:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since Clara liked the pictures better with descriptions, I revised this one and added more. :-)
      That street photo is really neat! I am not sure if it's the street my great-grandparents lived on or not.

      Delete
  2. I think the street scene is Kalamazoo Ave. I think it was still a brick street into the 1970s and maybe the 80s. I loved the rumble of that street. :)

    ReplyDelete