Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

ABCs of My Mom



The ABCs of my mom - things I learned and received from her and saw in her.

A - Advice, Attitude Adjustments :-)
B - Blessings, Bible reading, Busy mind
C - Christ-centered life, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Canning
D - Determination, Desire toward God, Discretion, Desserts
E - Eternity based values, Eggs for breakfast,
F - Faith, Family, Friends, Forgiveness
G - Grandparents, Gardening, Good cooking
H - Humor, Humming, Hard work
I - Interest in others, Inquisitiveness
J - Jesus Christ, Jam and Jelly making
K - Kindness, Kisses
L - Laughter, Learning, Longsuffering
M - Mercy, Making do
N - Non-negotiable truths
O - Old Hymns, Own your convictions/faith
P - Perseverance, Prayers, Patience, Pinching Pennies
Q - Questions and questioning, Quiet time, Quilt making
R  - Reading out loud, Roses, Repentance
S - Salvation, Self-sacrifice, Smiles, Sewing
T - Temperance, Teaching others
U - Unlimited love
V - Victory through Christ in hard things, Value of our elders, Virtue
W - Wisdom, Washing dishes
X - Examine yourself
Y - Yearning for a better country (Heb. 11)
Z - Zeal for good things

But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you. Galatians 4:18

6 comments:

  1. Great list, many I could tick for my mum to:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. It was a last minute effort since my computer is down and I had to post from my husband's. :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a wonderful mother! I hope she had a great day. I think about all of those would apply to my mom too. :-)
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very thankful for my mom. She had a pretty good day, I must say. My sister and her family moved here last week, so she now has grandchildren here. :-D

      Delete
  3. I love this list. I am going to print it out and keep it, if that's OK. It really touched me. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete