Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Grandfather - A Poem by Albion Fellows Bacon


Someone may be wondering why so many poems of late.  I have always had a fondness for poetry.  Some of my earliest memories relate to it.  However, the reason for my recent increase in posting poetry can partly be attributed to the fact that my Aussie niece and nephew love it!  They both enjoy reading and writing poems, my nephew reads it avidly.  So, because they are far away and it's one way we can connect, I have been posting more on the Poetry page at The Home Maker's Corner and here.  :-)

"Examining Illustrations by the Fire" - by Edward Lamson Henry

Grandfather


How broad and deep was the fireplace old,
And the great hearth-stone how wide!
There was always room for the old man's chair
By the cosy chimney side,
And all the children that cared to crowd
At his knee in the evening-tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment