Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Thousand Word Project - Bright Spring


Daffodils

How many kinds of sweet flowers grow
In an English country garden?
We'll tell you now of some that we know,
Those we miss you'll surely pardon
Daffodils, heart's ease and flox,
Meadowsweet and lady smocks,
Gentian, lupine and tall hollihocks,
Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots;
In an English country garden.

From "An English Country Garden"
(I was not able to determine for sure who wrote this. Original spelling maintained.)

2 comments:

  1. We used to sing that at school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure it was one of the songs I played when I was learning to play the piano. I didn't remember or know the words till much later, but the tune was familiar. :-)

      Delete