Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Judging, Being "Nice", and Final Authority





Jude 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

There was a good deal of contention that arose about my recent article on the Duggars. I do not usually think it necessary to defend my position on things. Usually, if I feel that I have explained myself clearly enough but readers are still tying themselves in knots over what I wrote, I figure I can't help them much more. Indeed, one lady who made comments in social media appeared to have either not read my article or she missed the point entirely because she accused me of things that were exactly the opposite of what I was trying to teach. If they write to me personally with questions I have answered them at times. I think and hope that I am following the example of Jesus Christ in this since He did not always go to the trouble of explaining Himself to the general group, even when there were people who misunderstood Him.

In this case, however, I think there are a few things that should be pointed out, and perhaps explained more thoroughly, since they are issues on which I have not written before.

Continue Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment