Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

The Heart of Home - By Martha Snell Nicholson


Homecoming into the Father's House by Ferdinand Georg Waldmüller

The Heart of Home


Hebrews 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith...

It isn't the house that makes it home,
but the people living there,
The dear ones who daily walk with us,
And our joys and sorrows share.

To the traveler who returns, the lights
Of home are a beckoning star;
And his heart leaps up with joy at a glimpse
Of those who await him there.

A house is but wall and roof and floor,
But the heart of the home is love.
As it is on earth, so must it be
In those palaces up above.

The mansion He built for me is tall,
And as fair as fair can be;
But it isn't the house for which I'll strain
My longing eyes - it is HE!

by Martha Snell Nicholson

John 14:2-3  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

1 John 3:2-3  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment