Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mothers, Teach Your Children




Over at The Home Maker's Corner I wrote a message encouraging Christian mothers to teach their children. I hope it will encourage someone today. :-)
------------------


Proverbs 6:20-22 My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother: Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck. When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.

One of the greatest things a Christian mother can do for her children is to teach them things they need to know about life and how to live it. This can be done in a lot of different ways, but I was thinking recently about a couple of specific ways my mother did this for my sister and me.

When I was in my teens my dad was pastoring a small church in western Michigan. Often while we were working in the kitchen we listened to a radio station called Blue Lake Public Radio. Sometimes we were listening to music. Often in the evenings when we were cooking dinner we heard one or two programs from NPR (National Public Radio). It covered a wide variety of topics. Some were more interesting than others. Sometimes we learned interesting things. Sometimes we were so disgusted with what they were talking about we just turned it off. But, the thing that influenced me the most without me even knowing it was that we often made comments to each other about what we heard and sometimes we even had discussions. My mom taught me a lot through that. Many things I'm sure have influenced me over the course of my life and instructed or altered my thinking even though I can't remember a lot of specific details now.

Please Continue Reading here.


-------------------
Art work by I. Lovering?

No comments:

Post a Comment