Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Friday, May 10, 2019

Random List - May 2019



Matthew 6:33-34 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. 


Lately I have been…

Making: messes. I can't seem to stop leaving stuff lying around and then I have to backtrack later to tidy it all up.

Cooking: less variety due to my very limited diet for SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) combine with my food intolerances. It's a frustration sometimes.

Reading: Just finished a novella by Chautona Havig yesterday. Various and sundry other things. Proverbs.

Wanting: to get our master suite more thoroughly cleaned.

Looking: for athletic shoes that are in my size, not ugly, and feel comfortable for daily wear.

Playing: a word game on my phone. A little with paper crafting stuff.

Learning: the challenges of helping aging parents with the complications of health problems and life.

Deciding: some hard things.

Wishing: I could eat some things that I used to be able to eat without any trouble. Ho hum. Also that I would get more done some days.

Enjoying: time out and about with my husband.

Laughing: at our silly cat and my husband's ridiculous humor. :-)



Waiting: for my digestive issues to improve?

Liking: photographing wildflowers.

Wondering: when life will calm down a little, and how bad the next set of thunderstorms will be.

Loving: hot showers, my husband's helpfulness, the extra green spring we're having, our cats being social.

Pondering: whether it's time to transition into a somewhat different ministry phase - at least for the time being.

Watching: my parents struggle with the limitations of aging. (Very sad.)

Hoping: we can do more in the way of hospitality; that some things become more clear soon.

Marveling: at the variety of wildflowers we've had this spring. It has been a delight from the Lord.

Needing: to take on new challenges, to allow things to be out of control when there's nothing I can do about it, and to rest in the knowledge that the Lord knows all about it.

Smelling: mold. We've had a lot of rain this spring.

Considering: what "wishful projects" I could let go of to stream line my hobbies and art into a more productive direction, and whether a better organizing system would make me more productive too.

Wearing: loose fitting t-shirt dresses that are cooler and more comfortable.

Buying: shoes that don't fit. Argh. Did you know that women are punished in America for having wide feet? Look at the very limited choices in shoe stores. It's discouraging. Maybe it's just where we live?

Noticing: that I'm struggling to keep up with the online writing and ministry.

Knowing: (or trying to know) that the Lord is growing me in ways that may not be entirely apparent or understood at the present, and that He is already in the future that feels so uncertain to me and knows exactly what I will need when I get there.

Thinking: out story plots for books I'll probably never write. Sigh.

Feeling: like life is out of control, and I'm not keeping up.

Admiring: My husband's persistence. My dad's care for my mom. My mom's determination to remain cheerful in the midst of her health struggles. My mom's beautiful red rose bush.



No comments:

Post a Comment