Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Beginner Watercolor Greeting Card Tutorial


Here is a tutorial for a simple watercolor card done by Sharon Cullen. One way to make this easier would be to use watercolor greeting cards that are already pre-cut and folded and just paint directly onto the card, skipping the torn edge look. Also, you could do this with cheap watercolor paints and still get an acceptable result. Be adventuresome and mix your colors for more interest.

This project is easy enough that some kids would enjoy trying it. If you don't have a stamp to use for the greeting on the front, these cards will look pretty without, or you can write one on a bit of card stock and glue it on the front.


As I like to mention as a reminder - I do not have any control over the ads that may show up on these videos, or over the "suggested" links offered at the end. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this tutorial! I will have to check out her other videos! My son and I got the paints out on Friday to give this technique a try. Using the wet on wet technique was something I had not learned how to do yet and it was a lot fun to try! Our cards turned out pretty good! I will be practicing this some more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'm so glad you enjoyed following this tutorial. I enjoy watercolor so much myself. :-)

      Delete