Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

How to Get Up Off the Floor - A Tutorial


Here's a useful video on how to get up off of the floor if you fall when you are alone. This will not work in every situation. Lack of strength or carpeting would make it much harder. I do recommend having a chair in every room of your house if there is space for that since it would make this easier.

My mom fell around 6 times last year. Because of her limited mobility we had to call the emergency services a number of times to get her up when my husband wasn't home. I really encourage trying to keep some muscle tone and flexibility through intentional exercise as you go into your mid to later years of life. I want to work on this more myself after watching my Mom's difficulties with this. Anyway, it's something I think about because I never know when I'll get the next call that she's down nor how bad it will be. Her last fall was quite bad because she hit her head on a side table.


2 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she's doing better after her fall.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melanie. Although a CT scan showed no signs of damage I'm not convinced there wasn't any. However, since she's already dealing with dementia, it's hard to tell. It's been a difficult month for a number of reasons, but the Lord has helped in many ways. Please pray for us when you think of it.

      Delete