Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Evening Song - Open Now Thy Gates of Beauty


Psalm 118:19-22 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD: This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter. I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation. The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.


I have no control over ads or suggestion.


Open Now Thy Gates of Beauty

Open now thy gates of beauty,

Zion, let me enter there,

Where my soul in joyful duty

Waits for Him who answers prayer.

Oh, how blessèd is this place,

Filled with solace, light and grace!


Gracious God, I come before Thee,

Come Thou also unto me;

Where we find Thee and adore Thee,

There a heav’n on earth must be.

To my heart, oh, enter Thou,

Let it be Thy temple now!


Speak, O God, and I will hear Thee,

Let Thy will be done indeed;

May I undisturbed draw near Thee

While Thou dost Thy people feed.

Here of life the fountain flows,

Here is balm for all our woes.

by Benjamin Schmlock

No comments:

Post a Comment