Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Just for Fun - some quotes on food




Another rerun - from March 2009. :-)
-----------------

Here are some quotes on food.  I don't necessarily agree with them all, but they are humorous or interesting or thought provoking.

"Americans can eat garbage, provided you sprinkle it liberally with ketchup, mustard, chili sauce, Tabasco sauce, cayenne pepper, or any other condiment which destroys the original flavor of the dish."
Henry Miller, American writer

If you're going to eat a mango you need to wear a raincoat. 
(Attributed to my great-grandfather.)

A cucumber should be well-sliced, dressed with pepper and vinegar, and then thrown out.  
-Samuel Johnson

Many aspects of my method are based on my feeling and experience. For instance, I always give my bird a generous butter massage before I put it in the oven. Why? Because I think the chicken likes it—and, more important, *I* like to give it.    -Julia Childs

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate — you know someone's fingers have been all over it."
-Julia Childs

"Never work before breakfast; if you have to work before breakfast, eat your breakfast first."
Josh Billings

Butter vs. Margarine ? I trust cows over scientists.

The only two things I don't eat for breakfast are lunch and dinner.

"How can a nation be great if its bread tastes like Kleenex?"
Julia Child

"I tell kids they should throw away the cereal and eat the box. At least they'd get some fiber."
Richard Holstein, D.D.S.

"To eat well in England you should have breakfast three times a day."
W. Somerset Maugham

"'When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?" 
"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?" 
"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet. 
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.
A. A. Milne,  The House at Pooh Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment