Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Creatures Great and Small – Katydid, She Did

 

My friend found this katydid in our garden last spring or so.  She likes bugs and snakes – yes, likes them.  She likes sugar and spice too, but she’s definitely a creepy crawly enthusiast. :-)

This is a rather random post, and rather than discuss katydids, I’m going to talk about books.  Have you ever read the Katy Did books by Susan Coolidge?  I discovered them a few years ago, and I enjoyed them so much!  I wish I’d had them as a girl, but better late than never, right?  :-)  My mom read them also and quite enjoyed them too.

You can find them free here in several formats or to read online:

What Katy Did
What Katy Did At School
What Katy Did Next
Clover
In the High Valley

This is in the proper order for reading them, by the way.

As I said before, I always like the stories about home makers who make a pleasant living space on a shoe string.  These books had that appeal, and I especially like Clover.  If you happen to enjoy vintage girls’ fiction, you might want to find out what Katydid.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment