Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Freezing Fresh Garlic

 

Of late, I have not been going through my fresh garlic fast enough.  I’ve had some trouble with it molding or spoiling in the jar where I keep it.  On the last batch I decided to do something I saw online somewhere.  I chopped it up quite small, put it in small canning jars and put it in the freezer.  

I only cooked with it, so I don’t know if it would work well for “fresh” use.  For my purposes the results were quite satisfactory.  I intend to do it again, as time permits.

Advantages:

1)  It was easy to guesstimate how much I needed. 
2)  I was able to remove part of the garlic without using the whole lot. 
3)  It saved time when I was actually cooking since I didn’t have to stop to chop the garlic.
4)  It tasted better than dried garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment