Of late, I have not been going through my fresh garlic fast enough. I’ve had some trouble with it molding or spoiling in the jar where I keep it. On the last batch I decided to do something I saw online somewhere. I chopped it up quite small, put it in small canning jars and put it in the freezer.
I only cooked with it, so I don’t know if it would work well for “fresh” use. For my purposes the results were quite satisfactory. I intend to do it again, as time permits.
1) It was easy to guesstimate how much I needed.
2) I was able to remove part of the garlic without using the whole lot.
3) It saved time when I was actually cooking since I didn’t have to stop to chop the garlic.
4) It tasted better than dried garlic.