Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sew Happy Saturday – Thinking About Travel

 

We’re planning a trip and I’ve been thinking about what we could use or would need for traveling.  In searching for some (preferably free) patterns for making bags, wallets and such I came across a few that seemed like they might be useful. 

Shoe bags seem like they might be a good idea, if there’s time to make some.  If not, I’ll use the usual plastic grocery bags that we get at the stores.

A passport cover also seems like a good idea.  I like this travel wallet better, though because it has a long strap.  I can wear it under my jumper (pinafore) if need be.  Also it could carry more than just the passports.

I probably wouldn’t make this bag organizer, but it’s a good idea for traveling.

This one strap bag looks like it might a good carry on bag.

This travel duffel looks useful too, but the pattern is not free.  It also looks like it could be easily overloaded – for me. :-)

I’ve been needing a new wallet and have been thinking that making my own might result in something lighter weight.  Since my purse has become too heavy lately (don’t ask me how) I think it’s probably time to knuckle down and find a way to really lighten it.  This was the only free wallet pattern that I really liked, but it still seems a bit fussy. (You can download the PDF.)  I’m not sure about it yet. (Yeah, the fabric in the illustration is not my style!)

How much of this will I get done before we leave?  Quite possibly not any, but it does give me ideas and there a couple of things at least that I’d really like to try to make. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment