Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Berry Fun Saturday – A New Idea

 

I have had a great liking for strawberry motifs since I was around 11 years old.  I started “collecting” strawberry themed things then - some for my room, some for my hope chest.  I am working on a strawberry theme in my kitchen and have included a little in the dining room.  Some of you may remember my post about my old strawberry cookie jar.

I was poking around looking at strawberry things online and it occurred to me that it might be fun to mix up our Saturdays a bit and throw in some strawberry themed crafts and sewing projects.  I’ll give it a go and see how it works out.  Some of these will be things that I actually make myself, but probably a lot of them will be things I would like to make, or just a starting point for another idea.  I hope you enjoy my little side hobby.  (I have a niece who also likes strawberries, so I’m thinking at least she will find this interesting.)  :-)

For something pretty and easy I simply sewed strawberry ribbon onto a red hand towel that I use in the kitchen.  I pinned on the ribbon and sewed carefully down one side, removing the pins.  Then I sewed the other side.  Before I started sewing the ribbon on, I folded the ends under so that I could catch them as I sewed from the front, but I missed one side on both ends.  It was a simple matter of sewing them down by hand, though.  If you try this, make sure you use washable ribbon.

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you like strawberries - they are bright and cheery and I also like anything that falls into that category!! I love the idea of the ribbon on the towel.

    I might have to see if I can do an art Friday just for you:)))

    ReplyDelete