Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sew Happy Saturday – Just A Couple Things

 

Keepsake Quilting is having a “Fabric for Life” sweepstakes or giveaway.  If you’d like to enter click here.  By clicking through this link you will be helping me get extra chances to win.  I think you’ll get your own link to give out for more chances to win. :-)  Whether you quilt or sew cotton clothing, fabric “for life” (20-year supply) would be very useful. :-)

I finally cut something with some of the fabric I brought home from Australia.  I had no idea that minky fleece would create such a big mess!  And, it was so fluffy that it would blow all over the place if there was any breeze.  I was tired that evening and didn’t clean up the mess right away because I realized I should vacuum it in order to avoid spreading it.  I asked my husband not to sneeze on it when he ate breakfast at the table in the morning and he kindly obliged me. :-)  I think I need to resist the urge to buy any more of this stuff as I really don’t like making such a mess when cutting!  (I hope to show you what I made, but I don’t have a photo of it yet.)

2 comments:

  1. I was only looking up minky fleece last night and it said you need to give you sewing machine a good clean after using it otherwise you get a buildup of fluff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense! I should check mine, but I didn't actually do much sewing on my small project. I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest of it yet. :-)

      Delete