Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Smart Living

 

My mom and I some years back organizing her “smart living” pantry.

My friend, Jo, at “Stop – Have At Chat” made this excellent list of suggestion for what she prefers to call smart living.  Please go over and take a look if you want some useful hints on how to live “smart”. :-)

She writes, “I don't like the word "frugal" living as it doesn't sound like a lot of fun.  It sounds like drudgery to me.

I much prefer to use  "smart living" instead, now that sounds like much more fun.

Smart living isn't just about making your money stretch further, but:

  • not wasting what you have
  • using what you already have
  • valuing what you have
  • thinking careful before adding to what you have.”

Continue Reading.

2 comments: