Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Friday, October 31, 2014

Sew Happy Friday - A Great Idea for A Scrappy Nine Patch Block

 

If you happen to like to keep every little scrap of fabric that could be used for quilt making, this pattern idea might be just what you need to put that part of your stash to work. 

Nicole over at “mama love quilts” offers this tutorial for the Remixed 9-Patch Block.

I like the idea myself, but I have to say that I’d cut the squares at 5” so that they could be easily mixed with 5” charm squares.  I’ve been working on building up a collection of 5” patches for future reference as I cut various projects.  It’s also a standard pre-cut size, so that works for me.  However, you could really make these any size you wanted.

I’m wondering how it would look for a “Disappearing 9-Patch”.  Ideas, ideas.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment