Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Friday, October 3, 2014

Sew Happy Friday – Sewing with Stripes Tutorial

 

This is a helpful tutorial with some good ideas for using stripe fabrics in general and also a demonstration on how to use striped fabrics to make a bull’s eye block.  I admit that I tend to shy away from stripes somewhat, though I do like and have some.  This little video gave me more food for thought on using stripes to make the fabric work for me.  I especially like the idea of using the stripes to speed up a project instead of doing small piecing.  The “framing” ideas could be used in other types of sewing projects, especially home décor.

 

Notice how in the flower basket block she used striped fabric going in different directions to get a basket weave effect.  That’s a useful idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment