Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Lord, How I Long – A Poem

 

 

Lord, how I long with eager mind
Men's souls to save and bless!
But yet, alas, how oft I find
Much failure, small success!

In self-dictated haste to serve,
With prayerless zeal I run,
Then weep with weary mind and nerve
To find so little done.

Lord, clear my misted eyes to see
That nothing can avail,
Until I learn, alone with Thee
Through praying to prevail.

What means my busy work to Thee,
If done in vain self-will?
What power or guidance can there be,
Till Thou Thy servant fill?

Lord, help me learn to wait until
Thy will I clearly see;
Then fill me, guide me, and fulfill
Thy perfect will through me.

Author unknown.

2 Thessalonians 3:1  Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

Colossians 4:2-6  Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds: That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

No comments:

Post a Comment