Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sew Happy Saturday – Various and Sundry

 


Random photo from Quiltcon 2013

 

Missouri Star Quilt Company News Feature

One of my favorite online quilt stores and one of my favorite quilting tutorial teachers was featured in a news item this week by a Kansas City news station.  I thought it was neat to hear how their small online business and the growing passion for quilting in this country have worked together to rejuvenate a small town in the mid-west of the U.S.  We need more locally run, family businesses.

----------------------------

The Invention of the Sewing Machine by Grace Rogers Cooper

For anyone who might be remotely interested in this, here is a history of the sewing machine.  I have not read this, but for the diehard history buff it might prove interesting. :-)

----------------------------

Some neat (free) tutorials here.  They’re not all quilting stuff, either for those who aren’t so much into quilting.  Click on the titles, not the photos. :-)  (I think I like her Kindle cover better than the one I’m making.)

2 comments:

  1. The link to the tutorials looks like an excellent resource - thanks for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete