Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Another Random Day In the Texas Hill Country

 

Today I like the…
Smell of… peppermint oil that I added to my mopping water.
Sound of… our cat purring.
Taste of… nonGMO corn flakes with raw milk and raw sugar. :-)
Sight of… a tidier house.
Feel of… air conditioning.  (A modern luxury that is very helpful to me.)

Good Things about Today:

It was cool enough this morning that I was able to open the windows and run the fan to air the house out.  This meant that my kitchen floor dried faster as well as the house smelling better, a win-win situation.

Things Already Accomplished Today:

I mopped the kitchen this morning (I actually did part of it twice in order to eliminate stickiness).  Did some odds and ends.  Fed the cat.  Puttered on the computer.  Worked a little on kitchen tasks.

Things that Need to Be Done – Hopefully Today:

Visit my sister-in-law to discuss some plans, take a nap, tidy the house more, answer some email, make a blog post, etc.

Random Photo from My World:

One day recently my mom and I accidentally dressed exactly alike. :-)  (Note that my shirt appears pinker than hers.  I wash mine in my red-pink load.  Interesting.  I didn’t realize it was making that much difference.)

Quote for Today:

“Few things are more self-destructive than a combination of high entitlement and a lazy work ethic.”

Verses to go with this:

Proverbs 13:4  The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.

Proverbs 26:15  The slothful hideth his hand in his bosom; it grieveth him to bring it again to his mouth.

Verse for Today:

Luke 2:40  And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
(Speaking of Jesus Christ.)

No comments:

Post a Comment