Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I Know Whom I Have Believed – A Poem by Martha Snell Nicholson

 

I wrote an article last night that I intended to post here, but things are not going according to plan, so I’ve been wondering what I should post here today, if anything.  This evening I ran across this poem and the thought in it is so sweet I decided to share it with you.

2 Timothy 1:12-13  For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.  Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

I Know Whom I Have Believed

The things I know so far outweigh
The ones I do not know,
I leave the unknown in God's hand,
Content that it is so.

For I know Whom I have believed!
That is enough for me --
Enough for life, enough for death,
And all eternity.

by Martha Snell Nicholson

In troubling times, in every day life, in trials and tribulations, in changes or in drudgery and monotony there are so many things we don’t know.  But, when you think of Whom we do know – ah, what a marvelous thought!  The Almighty God Who made everything, the Lord of our salvation, the One Who knows everything in the past, present and future - How is it that we worry so much sometimes about what we don’t know when we know Him?  After all, isn’t that enough? 

Romans 8:32  He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

No comments:

Post a Comment