Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Friday, September 26, 2014

Sew Happy Friday – Random, Scrappy Little Projects

 

Here’s a super easy tutorial for pattern weights.  These pretty little weights are used in place of pin when laying out a pattern for cutting.  If you don’t like pinning the pattern to the fabric this could be a great solution.  I haven’t tried them yet myself, but I know something prefer this method.  (Note: You don’t have to have a yo-yo maker to make these.  You can make your yo-yos the “old fashioned” way.)

Pattern Weights – at A Spoonful of Sugar

They also had this little tutorial for making greeting cards with fabric scraps.  This is something right up my alley since I love to work with fabric as well as making my own greeting cards. :-)  I like the fact that they look so nice with just the simple words on them.  Of course, you could also use the same method for simple shapes and write the words by hand or stamp them.

Quick Fabric Cards – at A Spoonful of Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment