Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Gray Days of November – A Poem by Annie Johnson Flint

 

The Gray Days of November

The gray days of November
No plaint from me shall win;
I shut the fog and mist all out,
And shut the fire-shine in;
I draw my chair the closer
To where its warm glow cheers,
And, dreaming in the firelight,
Dream back across the years.

No happier days, no better,
My lost youth gave to me,
With flowers in every meadow
And songs from every tree;
That was the time of growing;
This is the time of rest;
Bloom falls, but fruiting follows,
And each in turn is best…

Continue Reading.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem - thank you for posting it! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Miss Annie is my favorite poet. :-)

      Delete