Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

I Will Trust Him – A Poem by Martha Snell Nicholson


Here is a poem by Martha Snell Nicholson on the subject of living with suffering and pain.  For those who live with illnesses or health problems that continue on for long periods of time, trusting the Lord in life may be more difficult than trusting Him in death.  Mrs. Nicholson herself suffered for over 35 years from four incurable diseases that caused her to become bedridden.  She understood the challenges and pain of a life of suffering very well.

Job 13:15-16 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.

I Will Trust Him

"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him."
I recall, when I was young,
That I thought these words the bravest
Ever said by mortal tongue.

For my heart knew only laughter,
And my feet were light and fleet…

Continue Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment