Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Milkweed and Michigan Memories

 

Debby Ray at My Favorite Things posted another set of photos that I just had to share.  These are milkweed seed pods which are very nostalgic for me since I lived for some years in Michigan where milkweed grows.  The silken parachuted seeds are so pretty in late autumn as they burst from their husky prisons, and Debby caught them beautifully in all their short-lived glory!

Magnificent Milkweed

2 comments:

  1. I do appreciate your kind words and your wanting to share my photo! I love the way you described them..."as they burst from their husky prisons". Blessings to you and may you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debby. I thought the photos were exceptional. It's so easy to miss the beauties of the "ugly" seasons - late fall, late winter and sometimes late summer. I like the fact that you "see" these things. :-)

      Delete