Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

The Jesus Way - A Poem by Annie Johnson Flint




The Jesus Way


Oh, there's many a thorn on the Jesus-way,
Many a thorn, I know;
There is grief and loss and the pain of a cross
Wherever my feet may go.
But the Lord will heal all the wounds that I feel,
When the thorns have pricked me sore,
And He's planted a rose where the brier grows,
For He's walked this path before.

There is many a storm on the Jesus-way,
Many a storm I see,
When black is the cloud and the wind is loud
And the waves go over me.
But the Lord Himself is in my little ship
And the storm obeys His will;
At the word He hath said - "Be not afraid"
My heart and the sea grow still.

There is many a foe on the Jesus-way,
Many a foe to fight,
And all the day I must watch and pray
To keep my armour bright.
But the Lord is ever at my side
The tempter's wiles to meet;
Though the foe be strong and the strife be long,
[Jesus] never knows defeat.

Annie Johnson Flint
altered

Matthew 28:20  ...lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Hebrews 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment