Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Wonderful Wisteria


This week I'm asking you to visit a blogging friend's page.  She posted this wonderful collection of photographs she took of a wisteria vine.

Debbie's beautiful photos:  Wild, Wonderful Wisteria



Wisteria has sweet associations for me.  My great-grandfather had been a missionary in China and after they had to return to the States for health reasons he made a Chinese garden in their yard where they lived in Michigan.  One thing he grew there - on a trellis over a walkway - was wisteria.  So, my Gramma was always partial to it on that account, and so was my mom, and they passed that on to me. :-)

When my own family lived in Tennessee, we would see wisteria blooming in the wild some years.  I've seen that once here in Texas as well.  It is so lovely to experience in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment