Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Mug Exchange Reveal

This week is the big "reveal" of the mug and tea cup exchange gifts over at The Enchanting Rose. Stephanie did a fantastic job of hosting this blogland event in March and now we're supposed to share the gifts we received either on our blogs or at her page. You can see the other mug and tea cup reveals here: 10th Tea Cup and Mug Exchange Reveal.

So, here is the gift I received from Angela, the lady who received my name - and very nice gift it is too!


I received a mug with a pretty cardinal on it - my favorite bird. Also there was a journal, two kinds of herb tea, two crocheted hot pads with a matching thing to hang them on, some honey spoons, a rolling pin shaped recipe card holder, and a lovely apron! It was a very nice surprise to have the apron in addition to the mug! So appropriate and thoughtful. :-) There was also a cute card with a letter, which was nice as well.


I would have to say that cardinals are probably my favorite bird. I love their brilliant color, but they also have a number of fond memories connected with various people I knew in the past and know now, including my own dear husband. This mug is pretty large, which is another plus. Great for hot cocoa. I have used it several times already. :-)


The beautiful white apron has both embroidery and Battenberg style lace on it. I doubt that I will use it for cooking, it's too pretty to spoil that way. But, it would look very nice in our dining room on the pantry door where I already have a small collection of special aprons. It also matches the valances in the dining room nicely.


Altogether it was a very nice package. :-) I appreciate Angela's efforts.


Even the cat got something enjoyable out of it! hehe

Here is what I sent to the lady whose name I received (copied from Stephanie's page.)



24 comments:

  1. The mug is exquisite, my friend! I have a special fondness for Cardinals as they were my Grandma Betty's favorite bird. And the apron is stunning! What lovely detail at the top.

    Your package was truly beautiful, dear Mary. Enjoy!

    Hugs and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was beautiful. :-) Thank you so much for hosting the exchange! :-) I know it must be quite a bit of work. But, so many people get so much enjoyment out of your efforts.

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a lovely box of goodies!!! I know this made your day very special. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did, Cheryl. It was a real pleasure to open it. My mom was with me at the time and enjoyed it too.

      Delete
  3. Lovely gifts, and how thoughtful to send an apron too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The apron was such an added bonus. :-) I need to get a picture with it on me.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely package you received and sent and your furbaby is so adorable and get to enjoy from the exchange too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did receive a lovely package. :-)
      The box it came in was just the "purrfect" size for Cookie. She is a connoisseur of boxes. ;-)

      Delete
  5. I like all your goodies from the teacup exchange and love your apron also your header picture with you in the apron. I have really enjoyed the teacup exchanges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and looking. :-) I was so pleasantly surprised to receive an apron in my package! That really made my day along with a cardinal theme mug.
      I have enjoyed the exchanges too. This is only my second one.

      Delete
  6. I love your cardinal mug! I love all birds, but cardinals are probably my favorite, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few birds that I especially like, but cardinals just have so many good memories attached, I kind of have to like them best. :-) Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  7. Oh Mary, Angela has gifted you abundantly with some adorable treasures.
    That cardinal mug is awesome!!
    I stand amazed at the way ladies go to such detail and searching in order to find gifts that are perfectly suited for their recipient and Angela certainly did her home work.
    Just beautiful!
    Your cat is darling. :-)

    So nice visiting with you~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an enjoyable package to open. The apron was an extra sweet surprise and, yes, so thoughtful. :-) Thank you for stopping by and commenting. It's a blessing that Stephanie is willing to go to all the trouble of organizing the exchange for us all, isn't it? :-)

      Delete
  8. I can just imagine your joy in unwrapping this package. The tea cup is so lovely, and I love the apron to. It's so fun how cats always seem to love to find boxes to curl up in. :)
    The tea parcel you sent was wonderful to, I love the fact that the tea cup has a lid. Such lovely gifts to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an enjoyable package to open, and my mom got to share it with me as she was here at the time. Our cat often thinks that any box on the floor is hers, sometimes even when she doesn't fit into it very well. :-)

      Delete
  9. This was my first time to participate in the teacup exchange and I've enjoyed looking at all the gifts that were given and received! One of my best friends is "Mary Stephens" so I was interested in checking out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Roseann. I'm glad you got to participate as the exchange is a pleasant diversion and can lead to some new friendships.
      How funny that you have a good friend with the same name. :-) I know one other Mary Stephens myself, although I don't know her well.

      Delete
  10. What a lovely package of treasures you received, and also sent out!

    Everything is so thoughtful.

    I especially loved your kitty in the box photo.

    I posted my cat doing the same thing here (cute and paste if you wanna see.):

    http://www.finchrest.com/2015/05/rip-sweet-romeo.html

    Enjoy your wonderful tea treasures! : - )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michele. It was really fun to receive that package.

      Your cat was really pretty. I think I like the picture of him with his tail sticking out of the box the best. :-) I hope you can find another best feline buddy again. Our cat is a lot of company for me sometimes, although she is a bit unsocial. ;-)

      Delete
  11. Lovely packages sent and received! The pretty mug and aprons are wonderful additions to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margie. The mug and apron were especially nice. :-)

      Delete
  12. I love cardinals and find your new mug a beauty, the apron will look very nice hanging on display. Nice goodies in your parcel as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. It is a pretty mug. I've been enjoying using it. :-)

      Delete