Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Fear - A Poem by Martha Snell Nicholson

 


FEAR

My friend went on ahead
And left me here
To walk my last, long mile
Alone; and Fear

Stepped to his vacant place
And said that he
Would walk with me, and my
Companion be.

And so he dogged my steps
In this dark vale
Where death's wings shadow me.
My face grew pale,

My spirit quailed. I called
One precious Name
In my distress, and lo,
That loved One came!

He closely holds my hand,
This tender FRIEND,
Nor will He let me go
Until the end.

And as [Christ] walks with me,
Daily more dear,
I find that trust and love
Have cast out Fear.

Martha Snell Nicholson
[altered]

1 John 4:18-19 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.

Hebrews 13:5-6 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this poem! What timing! I was just writing a blog post this morning highlighting some verses dealing with fear to be published in a couple weeks.
    God does not want us to live in fear. I love that verse from Hebrews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so happy that the Lord allowed me to do that. I had this prepared for the web page for some time and picked it "at random" to go up there this past weekend. Then I posted it here in it's entirety too. :-) We often don't realize how "on time" God is in our little activities because we so seldom see the big picture in His kingdom. Someday we will and I think we will be amazed.

      Fear is coming at us from so many direction these days. It's good to be reminded that it's not a place to live. :-)

      Delete