Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Thursday, February 24, 2022

A Walk In the Winter Woods In Michigan


Here is one last glimpse of real winter for you before we move on to primarily spring posts. :-) I lived a good deal of my youth and young adult years in Michigan. Although I'm happy to live in Texas now where we have less winter, these pictures are still beautiful and nostalgic to me. The winter woods have a beauty and a feel all their own. I hope you enjoy the photos, and leave "Plants Amaze Me" a nice comment too if you like. :-)

Two Walks On A Snowy Day


And just because...here's a poem by Robert Frost (such an appropriate name to go with this poem). :-)

Stopping By Woods on A Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, the photo is gorgeous. We are in a deep freeze but grateful the sun is shining once again. :-) I love the poem too. Thanks for sharing and many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully your winter weather will give up soon. :-)

      Delete